Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Julep Maven January It Girl Box

I got my Julep box two days ago and I was super excited because of the three new polishes it had in it :) The It Girl box had a nail polish remover pad, Megan, Hayden, and Leah from their new collection. It took me a few days to get the swatches all on, and they are a TAD bit messy because they were all done in my car in less than 30 minutes on my lunch breaks. I also got the free upgrade and chose to get the Nail Therapy because I already ran out of the first bottle I got in my first Julep box. The remover pad was used to take Megan off, and I've decided that I don't like it at all. It was a bit slippery and took a while to get the polish off; I later looked at the ingredients and there's no acetone in it which could be the problem. But anyways, here are the polishes :)
Megan is an awesome blue green metallic color. I had some sunlight pictures, but the sun was so bright you couldn't even see the blue. The picture ont the right was taken just before sunset in a shaded area. The picture on the left was taken inside :)

Hayden was definitely bright. It's a creamy neon peach that was actually difficult for me to get on evenly. This is three coats of Hayden in sunset light.

Leah is a bright-ish green with a hint of shimmer that I couldn't quite capture in a picture. This went on well with two coats, and hopefully won't stain when I take it off. The picture on the right was taken at sunset and the second was taken indoors. Sadly, I dropped Leah in my car and spilled about 1/4 of the bottle on my door, carpet, gearshift, and got some green fingerprints EVERYWHERE from trying to clean it up (including my Juicy Couture wristlet strap).

Overall, I was happy with this box, and I plan on ordering the other boxes so I can have the whole new collection :)

No comments:

Post a Comment