Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Californails #NailArtMay Challenge

Hey guys!! I've decided to blog my second month doing the (instagram) @californails nail art monthly challenge. I did it last month for the first time and had a blast keeping up with the challenges, so this month I'm sharing it here as well as my instagram (@phophelia).

So, with today being May 1st, I've got some flowers to show ya :)
For these flowers, 
1. I started with a nice even base of Orly Dayglow and did a saran wrap with OPI Glints of Glinda for a little bit of texture. 
2. For the flowers, I used Essie Forever Yummy and Lime Crime  Parfait Day. I dipped a small tip art brush in the polish then in acetone to give a watercolor effect to my strokes
3. I used a nameless green striper for the leaves as well as a nameless black striper for the dots/squiggles in the center.
4. Wait for these to dry before applying or it will be streaky :(. I used two coats of CND Super Shiney.

I am absolutely loving these flowers and will probably leave them on until the next challenge day. *haha yeah right*


No comments:

Post a Comment