Wednesday, September 19, 2012

31 Day Challenge Day 19: Galaxy Nails + my FIRST tutorial

Day 19: Galaxy Nails
Polish:



I've never done "proper" galaxy nails, so today -I figured- would be a great day to try. I decided to take pictures for a "tutorial" along the way. YEEEESSSS, I know there's about 100000000000000 tutorials for this particular type of mani *I watched 5 different ones and combined the methods*, but I wanted to do my own. So I'll start with the tutorial and then show my end result :)

Step 1: Paint nails a dark color *I used Cult Nails- Living Water to get more depth than black or navy*

Step 2: Sponge on some white "lines" *or curves*

Step 3: Sponge on yellow, light pink, purple, and green

Step 4:  Re-sponge on your base color around the edges of your "lines"

Step 5: Use a dotting tool *or toothpick* to make stars *I made a few different sizes*

Step 6: put on a *fine* glitter top coat *I used OPI- Pirouette My Whistle*

Add your top coat, and you're done :) I used SOPI's UV effects top coat because it's supposed to "brighten your colors"  It makes the colors change a little in the sun as well *which is pretty cool, I must admit*. The only downside to this top coat is that it takes much longer to dry than my usual Cult Nails Wicked Fast *that -sadly- I'm out of* 

Light Box

Light Box

Light Box/Macro Lens

Outside/Sunlight *you can see the base is lighter and the colors look brighter*

Outside/Sunlight


No comments:

Post a Comment